Wednesday 26 March 2008

Southwold Pier, Common & Quay, Suffolk, 26/03/2008

Weather: overcast & with showers threatening, but which never really materialised; the freezing northerly wind had finally dropped leaving milder conditions.

Southwold was my overnight stop-off in order to be close to Minsmere, & before I departed I took the chance to scan the sea from my B&B bedroom window. It was the first time I'd been able to check the sea, mainly because I didn't get chance at Titchwell due to the foul weather, & I was soon rewarded by spotting some ducks, Common Scoter, but little else.

I also had a quick drive round Southwold, over the common & to the quay where I spotted the usual gulls, Common & Black-Headed, & hedgerow birds, Great Tit & Chaffinch. At the Quay I couldn't help but notice House Sparrows in good voice as well as Meadow Pipit, & on the way back over the common a Marsh Harrier flew over spooking the Lapwing, Mallard & Moorhen. A scene I'd become familiar with these past few days.

12 species, none new.

No comments:

Post a Comment