Sunday 21 November 2010

A149 Holkham - Burnham Overy, Norfolk, UK, 21-Nov-2010

15:30
Protocol: Incidental
Comments: Continuing a drive along the coast with Kim.
Weather: dank & murky.
2 species

Eurasian Marsh-Harrier 1 juvenile/female.
Hen Harrier 1 ringtail flying over the field by the side of the road. Kim & I were able to pull over & take a look before it flew away & to me it appeared subtly different to other hen harriers I'd seen in flight & behaviour. It flew confidently alongside a road & there had been reports of a Northern Harrier in the area so I wondered if this was the same bird. It certainly put me in mind of a northern harrier I had seen at Sachuest Point in Rhode Island rather than the wintering birds I'd seen at Roydon Common.

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment