Sunday 10 October 2010

Hampstead Cemetery & UCL Sports Ground, London, UK, 10-Oct-2010

16:08 - 17:30
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: A busy day with lots of people enjoyign lovely autumn weather.
Weather: warm & sunny, clear sky, breeze (N).
18 species (+1 other taxa)

Lesser Black-backed Gull X - over
Feral Pigeon X - ugh, an ever present at many sites. I hold my nose & put it here for the only time so I have a complete life list.
Stock Dove 1 flew away rapidly towards the garden of remembrance. A site tick.
Common Wood-Pigeon X
Ring-necked Parakeet 2
Green Woodpecker X
Eurasian Jay X
Common Magpie 2
Carrion Crow X
Coal Tit 2
Eurasian Wren X - heard.
Firecrest 1 on the south-side of the cemetery along the concealed path. I lingered hoping something would show, thinking I might see goldcrests or late blackcaps, but after hearing a high-pitched call I turned back & this beauty popped out on a low branch. Although somewhat gloomy in the undergrowth it was unmistakeable. I had thought that this patch could hold a firecrest & so it proved to be - a great site-tick & one I credit to the Urban Birder who inspired me to go back after I had begun to lose interest in it. After about 20 seconds it flitted away & did not come back though I waited for 10-20 minutes.
European Robin X
Eurasian Blackbird X
Redwing X - over.
Song Thrush X
European Starling X
Common Chaffinch X
European Greenfinch X

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment