Sunday 26 April 2009

Hampstead Cemetery, London, 26/04/2009

Weather: bright, sunny & warm. From 11am.

I've been meaning to visit Hampstead Cemetery, a promising-looking & nearby area of urban greenery, for some time, to see what potential it has as a local patch. After this pleasant Sunday morning stroll, & depending on the time I have, I will definitely try to visit it more often.

General park & woodland species were recorded in the sunshine: Woodpigeon, Starling, Blackbird, Great Tit, Song Thrush (a couple heard singing), Blackcap (singing then one visibe next to the chiffchaff), Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Chiffchaff (one seen preening in the undergrowth then later another heard singing), Green Woodpecker (flew to a tree where it stayed looking intently at something, but not feeding, before it flew off into deeper scrub), Jay, Crow, Blue Tit.

A promising start, especially the green woody area of "deeper scrub", hopefully I will be able to start my own 'patch birding' here, which is something I'm missing at the moment.

14 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment