Sunday 3 February 2008

Equipment

I have used a pair of Vickers Adlerblick MC 8x42 binoculars for probably 20 years. They are light & robust & so far as I am aware have excellent optics, no point changing them for the sake of it, "if it ain't broke...".

Same goes for my 20 year old 'scope which is a Kowa TS601 angled with a 20x to 60x zoom eyepiece. This is quite heavy now compared to modern scopes, but the optics are still good & I'm now trying to use it for digiscoping. The scope is mounted on a Slik tripod, again quite heavy but rock solid & as tough as nails.

I also recently purchased a pair of small Steiner Safari 8x22 binoculars from Heathrow ariport to take with me on my travels, which I now find invaluable.

My digital camera is a 5 year old Sony DSC P9, not a bad camera at all for an early one, although it's lack of manual overrides has limited what I can do with it the results on auto mode have continuously impressed me.

Finally I carry & can recommend a ruled Moleskine Notebook for keeping lists; excellent paper quality & a real feel of durability.

No comments:

Post a Comment