Thursday 2 December 2010

Updates

Avid & regular readers may have noticed the lack of new posts recently. My last post was from back in July & even then it did not include much detail of the outing. Since then organising & actually attending my wedding & subsequent honeymoon took over so that there has been no time to spend on the blog. Whenever I did manage a few hours I decided that I wanted to change its name & its layout to add more content. Unfortunately that wasn't as easy as I had hoped because of the fiddly & annoying way that Google manages its accounts. I had to spend a lot of time changing blog & site ownership, & moving photos & documents even before I was able to change the blog template. I have now completed most if not all of that & can now start to actually update the blog! As I do I will back-date the posts so they are posted in the month that I actually went out (I like the month count on the sidebar) rather than having all of the posts under December. After that it should be back to business as usual & I will also be adding more of the resources I use to the blog as well.

Update 2-Dec-2011: I finally finally got round to posting some updates & as you will see it's down to my discovery of eBird. I'm very late to the party but it's pretty good & allows me to email each checklist, which I then post here, as I build up my life list on their website. If it would only allow me to publish my list by clickable species & locations it would be the complete solution for me. It allows you to browse your own data in this way but it's not publicly accessible...yet: hopefully they'll add that soon. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment