Saturday 10 October 2009

WWT London Wetland Centre, Barnes, London, 10/10/2009

1pm. Weather: bright, warm, some cloud; still.

Lured by reports of spotted crake I made my first visit to the LWC & I also met Sian there. It's nearer to home than I realised, still, driving through Shepherd's Bush & Hammersmith to get there means it's no easy trip out. A worthwhile one nonetheless & with the high WWT entrance fees I decided to join up so I'll be visiting again!

Carpark & Entrance:
Ring-Necked Parakeet, Robin, Blackbird, Coot, Moorhen.

Wildside:
Teal, Gadwall, Mallard, Mute Swan, Cormorant, Little Grebe, Lapwing, Shoveler, Kestrel.
Water Rail - squealing from the reeds but not seen.
Goldcrest - heard singing from pines next to the path then seen flitting amongst the foliage.

Next hide:
Snipe
, Wigeon, Starling - over.

Peacock Tower:
Grey Heron, Woodpigeon, Robin, Jackdaw.

Unfortunately no spotted crake, yesterday was the last day it was recorded, but a nice introduction to the centre, although like the entrance fee, the cafeteria is also expensive!

23 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment