Sunday 9 August 2009

Great Ryburgh Watchpoint, Norfolk, 09/08/2009

11:15am. Weather: warm, bright, hazy.

My first visit to a couple of watchpoints in an attempt to see their speciality, honey buzzards. They had been reported in previous weeks but I wondered if I was too late, nevertheless I wanted to find out where they were for the next summer if I was unsuccessful. I found the carpark easily enough but it wasn't obvious where the watchpoint was because it involved walking over some ploughed land, but once I did & followed the path up I had a nice view over the valley. However the only birds I saw where general, farm & woodland birds.

Chaffinch, Herring Gull, Kestrel.
Buzzard - flew along the tree-line calling, conveniently identifying it.
Red-Legged Partridge, Skylark, Yellowhammer.
Brown Hare, Woodpigeon, Linnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment